Most Recent Reviews

ESPN Soccernet

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

PSP Firmware update

Recently my colleague request me to update his PSP which was at that time having custom firmware version 3.4 M33. I have done this before for my PSP, but that from 3.7 M33 not older. So I browse internet then I found out that you need at least version 3.52 and above. I went to dark alex website http://dark-alex.org/ download the 3.52 version and also download the eboot (original PSP firmware) and rename it to 350.pbp
Steps:
  1. Extract file downloaded from Dark Alex to your computer
  2. Connect PSP to Computer via USB. Go to USB Setting (in PSP)
  3. copy UPDATE folder (in computer) into /PSP/Game (in PSP)
  4. copy 350.pbp (in computer) into /PSP/Game/UPDATE (in PSP)
  5. In PSP, go to game and run the updater. Then Reboot.
  6. Then I can upate to newer version repeating steps 1-4. but using its corresponding files. i.e. version 3.9 M33 using 390.pbp and so on

Latest version: 4.01 M33-2
http://dark-alex.org/

No comments: